Family therapy in Inverness, Highlands
Family therapy is about helping families and 'family like groups' find ways to improve things as a family unit using constructive methods. At our Inverness centre, our experienced family therapists will work with all members of the family – young and old – helping you explore ways to move forward as a family unit and providing support as you make changes.
Can family therapy help my family?
There are a number of common issues that can have a huge impact on family relationships. Our family therapists are particularly experienced at supporting families experiencing the following issues:
- Family life / relationship changes
- Parenting issues
- Emotional difficulties after bereavement
- Eating disorders
- Couple relationship problems
- Separation / divorce
- Adolescent or child behaviours, e.g. attention issues and over-activity
- Adolescent / child mental health
- Adult mental health
- Adoption and fostering
- Social policy, such as child protection
- Domestic violence
- Post-trauma problems
- Substance/alcohol related issues
Sometimes if an individual or couple within the family is experiencing particular difficulties, we may suggest individual or couples therapy for them in addition to attending family therapy. We are able to offer a range of therapy options at our Inverness centre including therapy for children or young people.